Miyerkules, Hulyo 15, 2015

The Four Key Parts of My Friend’s Travel Insurance Philippines

Image Source: https://www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca/


I love to travel! I love to visit different places in the country as well as outside the Philippines. Few years back, I lost my luggage and I have nothing to do with it. My friend asked me if I do have travel insurance Philippines, I simply said no, I have not. Then he starts to say tsk! I get alarmed with his facial reactions. I asked him what is about travel insurance. It’s a long talk but to summarize, I want to share with you the five key parts of my friend’s travel insurance which are the main reasons why I purchased one at Malayan Insurance – one of the top insurance company in the Philippines.

Medical Emergencies


If there is ultimately one reason you need to buy travel insurance, then this is it.

Hospitals can cost you thousands of bucks. And this is no good for you if you are travelling. Hospital bills can be more expensive than your whole travel expenses. So better entrust your medical emergencies to your insurance.

You will need to a lot time to read this part in focus detail, especially in the part of medical expenses limits and cover for emergency dental work.

Cancellation of Trips


What is this for? This will cover you for the costs if you suddenly find you can’t make the travel for some unforeseen reason such as an accident, illness of a death of a close relative or friend. You must remember that for this section to be useful, you have to buy travel insurance when you start booking tickets and not the week before you leave the city.

Note that not all insurance providers cover cancellation and there are only finger-numbered providers that cover your pre-booked, non-refundable costs if the trip is interrupted after you have left home. You may want to read the description of coverage relevant to you carefully.

Luggage and Personal Belongings


Most people buy travel insurance mainly because of the reason of personal belongings loss. It is arguably the least important. Why? Your things can be replaced but your health often cannot. Insurance providers expects you to take the full responsibility of your belongings which means a claim can be denied if you lost your camcorder in a shared room in a hostel. But if your belongings, say your camera was snatched from you, it is a different issue.

If you are on a business trip and need to take a laptop with you and other electronic devices such as camera or anything that is valuable, some travel insurance plans allow you to specify these items to cover their value in case you lost them.

Check your policy description and benefits of the coverage carefully for the limits on this cover and possible exclusions, particularly for cash, high value items and for others – sporting equipment.

Personal Liability


Take note that this is not the insurance for liability while you are on the road driving your car. If you are involved in an accident or accidentally cause damage and held accountable for it (I hope this will not happen to you), then insurance can cover your liability and legal expenses.



When friend shared these things to me, I get insurance the next day! May this post help you to decide in purchasing your travel insurance Philippines! Thanks!



For further reading:

4 Must know Facts Regarding Travel Insurance - A lot of people think that while on the road, medical insurance can cover them up, but the thing is, there is another type of insurance that is perfect for those travel lovers and that is Travel Insurance! Here are the top 4 things you must know about it.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento